Sunday 7 August 2011

Memories of the child in me, the poem

In enchanted lonely walks l recall,
Sight :colours in kaleidoscope
Sound: indistinct but familiar.

Nostalgic childhood moments assault.
When I was a child
In thought
And in everything else
The child who now is a distant glimmer in me.
As my brown eyes  follow the journey
Of green lush vines on a brown musty wall
I smile as memories cling.
The sweet scent of a green lawn
And its lasting cold caress
On my neck,
On my arms
And on my belly.
Days spent staring at the blue
Of endless possibilities
In the silent
But not so silent garden.

The Silence and the blue sky,
Silence and blue sky,
My only companion,
My only friend.
Days spent in hushed monologues.
Paces in unending dreams,
Creations deep within
Of newborn hopes
And ideals.
Swelling in neo consciousness.
In momentary Hazy afterthoughts
Of dragonflies,
The  familiar wooden,
Creaky,
Rotting bridge
And the Clear flowing water
Under it.

In enchanted lonely walks l recall
Sight :colours in kaleidoscope
Sound: indistinct but familiar

Lovely enchanted walks.
The rustle and creak
Of tall dry brown grass
on an over tread path.
Deep within mazes of gullibility,
Unheard of fantasies
Filled with  insatiable dreams.
Days Deep within hallucinations of never land
And mysteries of forbidden kingdoms.
Princes and pirates,
Castles and magic,
Fairies and goblins.
In nothingness I grew,
In solitude I became me.

Inside the barricade of a musty wall,
In an enclosed mini Eden
Of green and  brown,
Immersed in the Smell of newly cut grass
And a porch overlooking into my Eden
Is where my love will grow
And my memories will linger
Of the sweet child
Who believed in nothing 
But in everything.
© Barbra-Breeze Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment